Thursday, April 2, 2009

A New Skill

This post won't have a picture because I don't want to gross anyone out. With that said, I should tell you what I learned to do this week...

I'll start by saying that I don't do well with naps anymore. I guess I don't need that much sleep. Over the past month or two Mommy has been letting me play in my crib during naptime when I don't sleep. That started to get pretty boring this week. I needed to find something fun to do in my crib. I already knew how to unzip my sleepsack, so that wasn't too fun anymore. On Monday, I decided to take off my diaper. That was fine. It was dry and I waited until after my nap to use the potty. But for some reason I had a poopy diaper yesterday, and it didn't feel too comfortable. So, I decided to take off my diaper again.

I'm sure you can guess what happened...yeah, it was pretty bad. There were feces everywhere...in my hair, on my face, on my hands and feet and under my nails. It smelled pretty bad too (Mommy said my room smelled like a zoo!). And to top it all off, I peed afterwards in my crib. I tried to hold it in and go on the potty, but Mommy didn't come in time. She didn't come and get me until the feces was dried and caked on my skin! Pretty gross, huh?

When Mommy saw me she grabbed me, stripped me down and put me in the tub. She got everything off, and I smelled much better. I love baths, so it was nice to get an extra bath this week. But Mommy told me not to take off my diaper anymore and that I should go on the potty. She told me to tell her when I need to go even if it's naptime. I know I need to obey Mommy, so I will try to do that.

Today, Mommy put me in a onesie with snaps and put my sleepsack on backwards so I couldn't get into my diaper. We'll see how long that keeps me out... :0)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EWWWWW!!!

Karen said...

Hilarious! But, not so much for Mummy. Tonight I pooped in the tub, but Mummy was lucky, she was out at the grocery store and Daddy had to clean it up...

Love from Tristan