Thursday, December 11, 2008

Our Christmas Tree

Last Saturday, I went with Mommy and Daddy, the Whitneys and the Kempers to get our Christmas tree. We went to a tree farm and had to cut it down ourselves! We sure picked a cold day to go...it was 29 degrees outside! But my cousin, Aidan, and I stayed nice and warm. Uncle Todd pulled us around in a wagon that was filled with cozy blankets!


Here we are in front of our tree at the farm...



and here is Daddy cutting it down...




Once we got home (and after lots of hot chocolate and coffee!), we decorated our tree...

I was so excited about the tree and all the pretty lights! I wanted to get up close so I could get a better look. But when I did, I got pricked by one of the needles...it hurt really bad! I decided after that happened that I would only look at the tree from a distance! That made it very hard for Mommy and Daddy to get a picture of me next to the tree...

They had to bribe me by putting some of my "toys" next to the tree, so I would go over and get them. Here I am with Finnie's bone and Mommy's cell phone...


...and looking at my Elmo ornament...



That's the closest I've been to the tree since the needle incident. I wish I was warned ahead of time that the needles are pointy and hurt when you touch them!

It's okay, though, I'm having fun looking at the tree from a distance. I really love the lights and the shiny ornaments and tinsel. I hear that there will be presents under the tree soon...



2 comments:

The Gang's Momma! said...

We had a great time with you. It's so great that we can be together for big events like that.

We had a funny thing happen: we touched the tree and yelped, "Ouch" to help Aidan understand that the needles hurt. And now, when she gets within 6 inches of the tree, she yelps, "Ouch" in her own little way. So cute :)

Karen said...

You are so lucky that she only looks at the tree from a distance! We have a very sad looking 4 ft artificial tree which we have put on a coffee table in an effort to keep Tristan away from it... it works about half the time! Your tree is very pretty. Hopefully by next year we'll live somewhere that we have room for a tree!